Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Portis to the Rescue

Next time I'm in trouble with the law, remind me to call Clinton Portis. Yesterday, the Redskin's RB, came to the defense of Atlanta's troubled Quarterback, Michael Vick. When asked about Vick's recent dog fighting scandal, Portis had this to say:

"I know a lot of back roads that got a dog fight if you want to go see it. But they're not bothering those people because those people are not big names. I'm sure there's some police got some dogs that are fighting them, some judges got dogs and everything else."

Sounds alot like any of us. As fellow Redskin, Chris Samuels, asked, "Haven't you seen Animal Planet?"

Hours later, Portis released a statement throught the Redskins, "In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner."

Yeah, of course not.

AG.

No comments: