Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Garza Update

Garza has been placed an the 15 day-DL. Apparently, this nerve has been bothering him for quite some time.

As for Garza, he was upset, frustrated, you name it. This is something he has dealt with in the past, including this spring, but has always been able to suck it up. Not this time.

“I’ve usually been able to get through it, just kind of pitch through it and wear the pain and get it right after the game and get my work in,” said Garza. “This time it was just real bad – I knew something was up.”

Awesome! It's unknown how long he is going to be out, but I am going to guess that it will be longer than 15 days. If you put a guy on the DL that quickly then you know he is definitely injured for a bit of time. Don't be surprised if this injury lasts two months.



The Rays have called up Ryu to fill in the bullpen for the next 4 days or so. It then looks like they will send him or someone else down and call up Niemann to take Garza's spot in the rotation. I am not particularly excited about Ryu, but I am quite excited to see Niemann take the hill.

Apparently, they are not considering giving Howell some starts until Kaz comes back. I am not sure why?

Rays Report

PA

No comments: