Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our Favorite Rays Blogger

It appears that Outs per Swing has become the new Rays blog for MVN (some sports network).

Why, you ask, is this important? Well, the old rays blog at MVN (Rays Anatomy) featured our boy Eric SanIndiana as the main writer. In case you forgot, we had a couple of issues with him. Well, it would appear on first glance that he is no longer one of the Rays bloggers at MVN. Maybe a spot opened up with a Yankees blog? Or maybe he wrote too many articles on Barack Obama?
Either way...


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Eric SanAndreas,

If in fact you are really done as a Rays blogger you will be sorely missed by all. Perusing one of your extraordinarily verbose posts and then yucking it up to myself for a few moments was one of the highlights of my morning. Never again will I get the pleasure of reading a 2000 word post on a Rays blog that has absolutely nothing to do with baseball. Perhaps you should consider starting a new blog? You could entitle it "I like to hear myself type." I am certain it would be wildly popular.

It was a good run while it lasted,

PA

Update: It is sad, but true. Eric SanTorrento is done at Rays Anatomy. True to form, his final post was immensely long yet said almost nothing. I know few writers with such talent. But fret not Rays faithful, you can get your fix of Eric at his new blog which is certain to be a rousing success. He is now free to make as many posts as he wants about anything he wants. Skiing trips and Barack Obama are no longer off limits! Hot Damn!

Also, the title of his post is "New Name, Different Writers, Same Results." I can only hope this is far, far from the truth.

9 comments:

The Professor said...

who?

wow. I had forgotten that MVN had a Rays blog.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think it was called Grey's Anatomy or something and written by some guy with a long last name

RJ said...

Isn't the shot at Rittner a little unwarranted? He's an older gentleman who taught most of his life, I don't think he's trying to sound smart at this point in his life.

Anonymous said...

Wow. What's with the vitriol here? Listen, whether you were a fan of the old MVN blogger or not, he's gone now. I'm not sure it's necessary to make fun of him after he's gone; all he did was write. He did nothing to you on a personal level to deserve that.

Further, what did Mr. Rittner do to you to draw your ire. I would quite frankly rather read one sentence of his open-minded, thoughtful opinions than any amount of your mean-spirited diatribe. He has more class in the tips of his typing fingers than you do in your whole being.

Anonymous said...

"This is an inappropriate place, but I just felt strong enough to make those that click on this page aware of what’s happening around them." -Mr. SanJuanito

Seriously? Maybe he could replace Sanjay Gumpta on CNN.

Possum Avenger said...

RJ -- I wasn't trying to personally attack Rittner, just pointing out that he is extremely verbose, which is the truth. None the less I took it out.

Partick -- Do you always take yourself this seriously? I have to thank you though, I laughed for a good five minutes after I read your comment. Seriously, just calm down man. Everything will be ok.

I do hope you keep reading though, we could use some more readers.

RJ said...

I took the Rittner part as you were saying he just tries to sound smart, rather than naturally being articulate.

Possum Avenger said...

RJ - Fair enough, I didn't mean he was trying to sound smart, but I can see how it could have been read that way. I think most his comments are spot on they just tend to be a little long.

Unknown said...

Partick -- Do you always take yourself this seriously? I have to thank you though, I laughed for a good five minutes after I read your comment. Seriously, just calm down man. Everything will be ok.

I do hope you keep reading though, we could use some more readers.


I'm glad that I was able to brighten your day with my little dose of comedy. Your assertion that I'm self-important is wrong, at least on this matter. Quite frankly, I don't see how you can infer my remarks that way. I simply found it classless that you would attack a very respectable gentleman and a blogger that isn't anymore. I thought it was unnecessary, and I commented as I felt. I signed my name to the comment because I felt that it would only be fair to you to do so. I'm not going to do a hit and run with anonymous posting, because I wouldn't want someone to do the same thing to me. I just expressed my opinion, there's nothing self-centered about it.

Your site is decent. I just wish that you would refrain from attacks on your colleagues in what I consider to be a mean-spirited manner. I didn't see any reason for critique in this post, you simply attacked two people without provocation.