- Unfortunately, Brian Anderson's injury was not just some scar tissue breaking loose. He tore a ligament and a muscle. His career is over. Here is hoping he makes it as a sports broadcaster (The Heater).
- David Price will start his Rays minor league career at Class A Vero Beach (Rays Report).
- Kazmir is on schedule to start Sunday against the Tigers (Rays Report).
- In breaking news, Girardi is still ugly even when covers his hideous haircut with a hat that does not fit (St. Pete Times).
- As Joe Henderson reports, Kazmir is keeping to the pace set for his rehab. He isn't trying to be cavalier. In the long run, this is the good approach. We want Kaz healthy for the years to come. However, it does mean he likely won't start opening day (The Heater).
"Could he pitch Opening Day barring any setbacks? Probably. Will he? Probably not," Hickey said. "There's no reason to push it. Opening Day is simply one game in 162 games. In the end it doesn't mean that much."
- The Prof revisited the Barry Bonds issue, but from a new perspective. I chipped in my two cents in the comments section. I should have a post up later today going into more detail on the arguments I started to formulate in the comments (Rays Index).
- DRaysBay asks the question who is Jon Weber? Now that he has a shot at making the team, I was asking myself the same question. Of course, I was too lazy to do any research. Luckily, RJ stepped in and got the job. Apparently, he has had a pedestrian minor league career (DRaysBay)