Friday, March 7, 2008

Around the Rays Universe March 7th

  • Maddon thinks Kazmir will be ready to pitch on opening day (Rays Report).
“From what I saw today, I’m pretty optimistic,” said Maddon. “He looked normal, and he was not holding back. It could be right about that time he’s going to be ready to go.”

  • Ok, I am officially worried about this Baldelli situation. I am not even sure how to interpret this quote, but it definitely does not sound good (Rays Report).
“He just wasn’t up to speed and I’ve just got to make sure with Ronnie again, being the vague situation that it is,” said Maddon. “I’m just really not sure that he’s going to be able to play tomorrow based on the recovery after the last time out.”

  • The Prof posted some awesome photos of Joe Maddon from back in the day (Rays Index).
  • Rays Anatomy projects Longoria to start the season in the minors with Aybar and Hinske making the team (Rays Anatomy).
  • This Philadelphia Inquirer article got me thinking about something: How much credit does Chuck Lamar deserve for all the young talent we have now? Are we overlooking his contribution? (Philly Daily News)

No comments: